Saturday, June 28, 2008

room for thought...with Rumi

always an inspiration, I came across this poem by the Persian poet, Rumi:
...who is "You"? well, You tell me.

Only You

Only you
I choose among the entire world.
Is it fair of you
letting me be unhappy?

My heart is a pen in your hand.
It is all up to you
to write me happy or sad.

I see only what you reveal
and live as you say.
All my feelings have the color
you desire to paint.

From the beginning to the end,
no one but you.

Please make my future
better than the past.

When you hide I change
to a Godless person,
and when you appear,
I find my faith.

Don't expect to find
any more in me
than what you give.

Don't search for
hidden pockets because
I've shown you that
all I have is all you gave.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart is a pen in your hand.---I like this line the best. I need to think about it a little more...but yeah rumi!!!!

Jess...I miss you come home soon!

and ps....great post before this one:) Thanks for your props!! Check out my site and the number of comments on got on that post--it was crazy!!!

LOVE YOU AND PRAYING FOR YOU LADY!

Anonymous said...

Jess, interesting post I am chewing over the internal tension between "I choose" and "It is all up to you."

I hope that you are having a great summer.

Blessings,
Wayne

Jess said...

good call, wayne...wish i could tell you what i think, but i find myself lost in tension as well... i think that's where lots of life is. at least 4 me! i'm doing well wayne and i'm checking out your blog -- i love to chat with you about life and quotes and speculation and God's love...and...all that! :) tell your lovely wife and adorable daughter hello! (she may not comprehend, but ya know)...